2.20.2006

WORKING OVERNIGHT - A CAUTIONARY TALE

Sometimes you might find it necessary to work overnight at your office, and continue working through until the next morning. Well, if you have to do this, so be it. But I would suggest that you take whatever measures you can to avoid this eventuality, as disturbing things can happen (see below).

3.01 am

Me: Hi me.
Me: Well, hello there!
Me: What am I up to?
Me: Stuff.
Me: Fascinating. Well, don't let me detain me...
Me: Thanks. Better get back to it...

5.54 am

Me: Hi again.
Me: Huh?
Me : I said, "Hi".
Me: Oh, it's me again. What do I want?
Me: I'm lonely.
Me: Am I?
Me: Yeah. There's no one around to talk to except for me.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that. But look, there's nothing I can do to help me at the moment. Can't I see that I'm busy? Now toddle off.
Me: OK...

8.58 am

Me: Hey, me!
Me: Who, me?
Me: Yes, me.
Me: Why did I do that?
Me: I fell asleep, so I had to wake me. Anyway, I have some good news. Other people are coming. I can talk to them.
Me: Oh, good. Sorry I bothered me before, while I was busy.
Me: That's OK. I was lonely. I do understand, me. Now run along, me, 'cause I am still busy.
Me: OK. And thanks, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home